Monday 21 October 2013

Christmas: The Big Spend Part 1

I LOVE Christmas, you don't have to twist my arm to get me excited about it. I also love Christmas shopping it's one of my favorite things about this time of year. But lets be honest Christmas is expensive, we all want to get those perfect gifts for our loved ones and if like me you've got kids the bill goes through the roof!

So how do we cope? How do we make sure that were not living it up in December but groaning in January about credit cards, Catalogues and HP!?

Parks. That's how I do it. Every year I pay into a voucher scheme called Parks Love2Shop vouchers. This means that in October/November time I am given a big chunk of vouchers to spend in all the top highstreet stores, Including Debenhams, BHS, Argos to name a few. I find this better than saving the money into an account or anything because I know I'd spend it! This way it's locked in and there's know debts after Christmas to upset me!


It can be done through an agent ( mine is my mother in law) or all done online. Couldn't be simpler to get set up! So if you don't want a money headache in the new year, look at this scheme it's a no brainer!

How do you prepare for this expensive season?

H xxx



2 comments:

  1. I think this is how my mum and dad do it too! My aunty takes money off them every month then they get it back in November!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's a really simple and realistic way to do it xx

    ReplyDelete