Tuesday 29 October 2013

Don't Compare!

I've took inspiration from a fellow blogger about getting things off my chest that annoy me. Perfect catharsis.

Recently I've had to have a word with myself. I have struggled for years with my appearance, no matter how much praise I have been given I cannot take a compliment and to be honest it's shocking. I have had to get some things into perspective.

I am a mother of THREE children. To which I have given birth to in the short space of 5 years (all totally planned and my choice), I should not compare myself or let myself be compared to girls who are quite frankly not in my position. I had to remind myself that pre kids, I was a good healthy size, and that I will get there again and I have already done so well.


I had a wake up call after Hope, my weight was at a high, not an all time high, I've been heavier, but it was bad. I made a decision to lose weight. Not a bit of weight. A lot of weight.


It was MY decision. I am doing This for me. My husband has never cared what I weighed. He loves me regardless and makes it perfectly clear to me that he finds me attractive no matter what. But I wanted to feel worthy of being on his arm. This upsets him greatly because he is so proud to be with me. But I can't help how I feel.

I think as women we could do with not putting ourselves and each other down so much. Were all different for many different reasons.


I say embrace it, love yourself and all your imperfections. Own them. But also own the things you love about yourself, if you think you have a great rack. Own it. You love your hair? Own it. You think your eyes were a gift from God himself. OWN IT.


It's yours, Own it.

H xxx

Ps I like big butts, and I cannot lie.





2 comments: