Monday 21 October 2013

Why The Rush!?

People often ask me how I look so young and honestly I think it's mostly good genetics. Both of my paremts have aged very well. But I must say I think it's got something to do with the fact that I haven't been trowelling a ton of make up on to my face since I was 12.

Girls are in such a rush to be "grown up" that they don't realise that they are wishing their lives away. I often get shocked when I see young girls now, this may be my age playing a factor but, they never look their age. They often wear a lot (too much) make up, and clothes that are for want of a better word, provocative to say the least. What kind of message is this sending? I do completely understand there are girls that are very advanced in their physical development, but even in these cases it's shocking to see such young girls embracing it.

A very recent example of not looking your age, is Tamera Foster, one of the contestants of this year's X Factor. When I first saw her I thought "wow, she is beautiful" not once did I think about her age, I just presumed, she was in her mid 20s, because quite frankly I wouldnt put her a day under 25. She not only looks this age, but the way she carries herself and her general demeanor is one of a much older young lady. I was gobsmacked to hear that she is indeed just 16 years old. 


So on Sunday night whilst watching The Xtra Factor Matt Johnson (This Morning), whilst being asked his feelings on the show, his favourites etc, he made a comment regarding Tamera, he flippantly mentioned that she had a nice bum. To which one of the crew shouted "she's 16 mate" he was shocked, embarrassed and responded by dropping the F Bomb. Of course social media went crazy, and were criticising him for his comments about her. To this I say, she does NOT look her age. She's an incredibly attractive young woman and had she been older this comment wouldn't have been frowned upon. I think Matt's reaction, albeit inappropriate, was one of absolute shock. To which we can only say, hey he is human.


I do actually really feel for men, I'm sure it's very hard to distinguish between these young girls and actual potential partners on a night out.

I just think these girls should enjoy being young, while they are. Before they know it they will be in need of cover up for the total opposite reason.

H xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment